It’s funny; we live with ourselves our whole lives, yet when tasked with writing a synopsis explaining who we are, it can prove daunting. Our lives are, of course, comprised of all the decisions we’ve made that have resulted in being where we are now – and who we are now.
I was born and raised in Alabama by loving parents who strived to instill in me a strong sense of values and morals. While my life today isn’t what they would have planned, I am thankful for the internal compass they helped plant that almost always points North.
Since graduating from college and leaving Alabama to begin my voyage into adulthood, my life has expanded in ways I could never have imagined. I’m currently doing my second tour in DC after a four-year stint in San Diego. While I love the city more now than ever, this go-round couldn’t be more different than my first residency. Then, I was a new graduate working on Capitol Hill, surviving on reception fare, 10 cent wings and the drama of an on-again, off-again romance. Now, as a married, working-at-home woman whose typical weeknight outing involves gelato, life is a lot more stable – if somewhat more predictable – and satisfying.
Of course, the working-at-home part can result in pent-up energy and restlessness. I spend a lot of time planning – the next trip (traveling is my one, true, insatiable passion), the next night out at one of our neighborhood’s seemingly endless supply of new restaurants, the next must-try dinner recipe or the best way to further my interests (which currently center around learning Italian!).
This blog was born of my desire to channel some of this energy and share the things I love. I have no singular focus for this endeavor, other than to chronicle my thoughts and experiences in what I hope is a meaningful way.
In closing, below are some quick facts about me (in no particular order) that will no doubt find their way into my musings. And if you have any questions…feel free to ask!
- I am a die-hard Alabama Crimson Tide football fan – Roll Tide!
- I love to eat and will try any culinary delight.
- I love photography and wish I were better at it.
- I wish I could quit my job, sell or store my belongings and travel the world indefinitely.
- I think Napa Cab (and California wine in general) is the best in the world.
- I love Ryan Gosling. I also love Justin Timberlake. (In this, I am no different than most other red blooded, heterosexual women.)
- Olivia Benson is my hero, and I will never accept Elliot’s departure.
- I enjoy Presidential biographies, historical fiction and nonfiction and the occasional beach read. (Who can resist a new Lauren Weisberger? Not me.)
- I love Ellen. And I thank her for livening up my afternoons.
Thanks for stopping by…
*Please note, all photos on the blog are mine, unless otherwise stated. Please do not use without permission. Thank you.*